Thursday, September 15, 2011

MY 1st Edition Charizard Card

At this moment  I should be studying for anatomy, instead, I'm writing this <3. Growing up, nothing was more important to me than Pokemon, (and still as an adult I think it's AMAZING). I had the video games, the shirts, toys, movies, anything and everything "Pokemon". I remember when Pop-Tarts had special addition Pokemon figures in them, (did I buy them all? NO! I opened all the boxes at the store and took the ones I wanted. I must have gone through 15 boxes before getting them all). Was it safe to say I was addicted? (yes...I was very much addicted, the only thing I loved more at the time was eating Mcdonald's).

But even though I had all this stuff, only one thing TRULY mattered above all else... "the trading cards". Nothing could stop me from collecting them all! My parents really must have loved me, cause I must have been so annoying, "POKEMON wight now pwease!!!". Well, anyone who collects the cards, (or anyone who has eyes, ears and a brain), knows which card is the most valuable of them all. CHARIZARD. This card is the the holy grail of all Pokemon Cards. Nothing surpasses the beauty and the prestige of a 1st Edition Charizard from the base set.

Why am I mentioning this? because I want to.

There's actually more of a reason! Me and Diana Watch this show called My Life as Liz, and in the show is the coolest/sweetest guy in the world; his name is Sully. Sully LOVES Liz, (I mean this kid is bananas for her). All he wants to do is protect her, to love her, and to make sure she's taken care of. One episode in particular, Sully actually refers to Liz as a "1st edition Charizard card". ...............WOW. When I heard that, I totally knew what he meant.

Although my Charizard card is kept safely under my bed, (secured in 2 protective sleeves), it's still not as value as the one I have in North Carolina, which is my Diana<3

Me and Diana are total nerds, and we still mess around in the world of Pokemon! I knew I had found my soulmate once she pulled out her binder of cards <3 this girl has a serious collection, (including some Gengars that I've been trying to steal from her grrrrrrrr). But I love her to death!!!! She knows all my nerd references and all the terms!

Nothing beats laying in bed and playing Pokemon all night next to Diana. Every time one of us starts to evolve, we stop and watch (MAX volume!!!).

She is the rare candy to my level 19 Magikarp, the Master Ball to my Mewtwo... the Pokeflute to my Snorlax.

And when it comes to women, I don't need to catch them all, cause I already got the best one :)
I love you Diana <3

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha this cracked me up! I like how you actually made a card, nice!! lol I so forgot about that photo of me. Nice blog post baby! I love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only did this crack me up, the second half of this gave me a glow in my heart... this blog is my new favourite, so much love put into every post you write :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! makes me happy to hear :) thanks for being a fan!

    ReplyDelete