Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Till We Swing Again

For as long as I can remember, me and Diana have gone to this swing set down by a park next to my house. We pretty much owned this park! It usually started off by Diana calling me at night, asking if we could go swing. Sometimes she would show up after work, and sometimes she would just come from her house. The great thing about swinging next to someone is that you can talk about anything and it seems ok. We could laugh and be silly, or we could be serious and share our feelings.

Mostly we challenged each other, and let me tell you, Diana is not to be taken lightly. This girl can fly! I can only get so far before I start to chicken out! once my butt starts lifting off the seat THAT'S IT. Diana could be making loops and back flips like as if it were normal. Thats the thing about Diana though, she can exceed at anything.

I often think about the swings and I make sure to take a peek of them as I go running at night. I really miss swinging with her, and if she were here now, I would take her hand and walk her back to the park for a good swing. It really isn't the same without her, and I'd rather just stare at it from afar than ride it alone.
This park has been the a place of romantic getaways and quiet nights. Once the weather was nice out, we would walk around, (and rest-assure, it gets real dark out at the park). There are so many spots and secret paths that we could walk to and relax, kiss in peace, and listen to the songs of the night. OH but there's one important thing that happens around 9:30 to 10:00. all the lights go off! Me and Diana have been caught off guard a couple of times, stuck in the pitch dark of a wide and vast park. spooky? YEAH, YOU KIDDING ME??! we watch horror movies way to much! But it was always nice for her to cuddle up close and for us to walk through the darkness together.
Thats what its all about, finding that special some one who you can walk through the darkness with. I'm not just talking about parks, but i'm talking about life. Right now, being so far away, me and Diana are walking in the dark, (a time of struggle and heartache). Even though I get sad, and I pathetically look at the swing set..... I know that it will be ok, because Diana is my girl and she promises that she will always be there. We have overcome so much already, that this is just another opportunity to strengthen our love. I think of Diana, and I immediately want to rejoice in the fact of how blessed I am. I feel like the luckiest man alive to have her! She gets me and she knows the real me. I trust her, even as we travel through the unknown... cause its not about the journey, its about who you go with.
Thank you Diana for being the one I can trust... the one I walk with through all the obstacles and all the storms against us. I will never stop fighting for us, and I will never stop loving you. You are my everything, and I promise to never give up on you. I love you <3

-Andrew A.

No comments:

Post a Comment